Having access to a remote IT Service Desk is something often associated with larger organisations. The reality is that for a relatively modest monthly outlay, businesses of all sizes can have access to enterprise-level IT support. In this article, we look at the Top 10 business benefits of using and IT Service Desk as delivered by IT Support 365
- 24/7 support for day-to-day issues: Most calls to Service Desks don’t relate to big IT issues; they are actually from employees with a small technical or operational query. First-line support at our Service Desk 365 deals with 91% of support requests on the first call. Each of those was an issue that could potentially stop an employee from working, causing loss of productivity for the company and intense frustration for the employee.
- Support for remote workers: 2020 has demonstrated the benefits that technology can deliver. Enabling remote working and maintaining at least some degree of commercial operation. But it has also highlighted the need to provide technical support to home workers in all aspects of their computing, networking and communications systems. Access to immediate remote support wherever and whenever employees need to work, can make all the difference.
- Escalation to high-level support: Occasionally, a critical fault may occur on your network or a serious threat will emerge that needs immediate, high level intervention. A support desk with escalation protocols to deal with this can address an incident quickly before it becomes a business-critical issue.
- We all know how frustrating IT can be…: Few things are as frustrating as having a deadline to meet only to find that a printer won’t work or working all day on a document that then disappears without trace. If you have access to a Service Desk, very often, the solution is no more that a phone call away. No company can guarantee that IT issues won’t occur for their employees but providing technically skilled, reliable and responsive support can have a significant impact on employee contentment.
- Ticketing System retains control: An efficient incident ticketing system ensures that issues are logged, prioritised and dealt with effectively, and provides the basis for statistical analysis of the service desk performance. Monitoring of Service Desk support tickets can also highlight issues with IT infrastructure and identify additional employee training requirements.
- Focus on the bigger picture: Having access to an external Service Desk to service the day-to-day user-support requests for software and hardware issues frees up in-house IT staff to focus on bigger, more strategic tasks.
- More efficient IT support: The broad-based credentials, experience and training of technical specialists within the Service Desk team allows them to deal with more than day-to-day user support. They can address a variety of system errors and supplement the expertise of internal IT employees, allowing the business to reduce the size of their internal team and support IT operations more efficiently.
- Proactive interventions: IT Service Desk engineers practise incident management to help spot problems before they occur, identifying the root cause of frequent recurring incidents. This allows you to protect yourself from external threats, eliminate repetitive issues and complaints, and prevent issues from becoming a larger problem.
- Shared knowledge: IT Service Desk personnel provide support to many companies so are able to bring shared knowledge and best practice while respecting confidentiality and security.
- Greater efficiency and lower costs: IT specialists not only support your employees, but they can recommend tools that make it easier to communicate and collaborate on tasks. Additionally, they can help justify or eliminate IT spend where necessary to optimise your investment.
Whether you are supporting home workers, your internal IT team or outsourcing your IT support entirely, we are here to help. To find out more about Remote IT Service Desk Support from IT Support 365, give us a call on 0345 051 0600 or email enquiries@itsupport365.