Organisations are facing unprecedented challenges during the #covid pandemic, particularly meeting the increased demands on their IT systems from staff who are reliant on remote working. It is essential to keep focussed on data protection – here are some suggestions you might like to consider:
- • Have clear policies, procedures and guidance for staff who are working remotely.
- • Use the most up-to-date version of your remote access solution.
- • Only allow remote access to your systems for staff who need it.
- • Insist on the use of unique and complex passwords and multi-factor authentication where possible.
- • Set screen locks after a period of inactivity.
- • Set an automatic ‘lock-out’ on user accounts after a set number of failed login attempts.
- • Secure your Cloud storage so that it is not accessible without a username and password.
- • Don’t let your staff use their private email or messaging accounts for the storage or transmission of personal data.
These, in no way, represent a complete security solution but hopefully will prevent some common IT vulnerabilities from being exploited.
If you have concerns about the security of your systems, whether you have remote workers or not, please so contact us, we will be happy to advise you.