A Government-backed, industry-supported certification scheme to help organisations protect against common online threats
Cyber Essentials Certification
Protect your business with Cyber Essentials
Cyber Essentials is a Government-backed, industry-supported scheme to help organisations protect themselves against common online threats such as phishing, hacking and password guessing. It is not (yet) a legal requirement to be Cyber Essentials certified but it is becoming increasingly common within the supply chain and is a requirement for any Government or MOD tenders.
Benefits of becoming Cyber Essentials Certified:
- Provides an opportunity to tender for business
- Enhances customer confidence
- Can reduce insurance premiums
- Mitigates common threats to your business
- Helps protect company assets and IP
- Helps meet GDPR requirements
There Are Two Levels Of Cyber Essentials Certification:
- Cyber Essentials – this is an online self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) whereby you will be required to provide documented evidence to the certifying body in order to satisfy the criteria. IT Support 365 is a certified Cyber Essentials consultant so can assist with the completion of this SAQ as well as assisting with implementing technical measures and documentation that Cyber Essentials requires which you may not already have in place.
- Cyber Essentials Plus – as well as completing the SAQ, this certification requires that internal and external penetration tests be carried out of the IT infrastructure that is in scope for the certification. This is more in depth and, as it requires penetration testing, we would refer you to our preferred partner to carry this out, though we would still assist with the SAQ and any preparatory or remedial work.
We can help you become Cyber Essentials Certified
As Cyber Essentials Certified Consultants, IT Support 365 can help your business become Cyber Essentials certified. Whichever level you are applying for, we are qualified to guide you through the process or manage the application for you.
If you would like to become Cyber Essentials Certified, contact us here or call 0345 051 0600.
IT Support 365’s ServiceDesk365 is a proactive service for managing your complete IT system – the infrastructure, network, servers and desktop PCs. It’s a preventative approach to IT systems management, using a series of ‘best practices’ developed over years of experience.